never2old
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Milk Glass Effect in PSP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
eaglefeather
eaglefeather

Milk Glass Effect in PSP Empty
PostSubject: Milk Glass Effect in PSP   Milk Glass Effect in PSP EmptySat May 08, 2010 9:23 pm

I would like to share with you a little secret that can add a big dimention to your digital creations, whether it be scratch built digital art or playing with photos. This little effect works with all digital images.

I have not tried this in any of the PSP versions above 6, however I suspect that the two main tools needed to make it work are in all newer versions. Those tools are "Blend Mode" and "Gaussian Blur."

In the Photograph Forum I posted a photo of a white Trillium, it is an ideal image for demonstrating the Milk Glass effect. (Examples are below the method.)

Milk Glass

Load an image, any image you like then follow these steps:

1. Go to Layers/Merge/Merge All Flatten.
2. Go to Layers/Duplicate.
3. Click on the Layers Palette and make sure the "Copy of Background" is selected. Right click on the Copy of Background. Left click on Properties. Click on the Blend Mode pull down menu, and choose Darken. Click Ok.
4. Go to Image/Blur/Gaussian Blur. Set radius to about 8.00 or 9.00. Click Ok.

It is that simple and gives a most amazing effect. I have used images with the Milk Glass effect in some of my stained glass creations. You may even use the Milk Glass effect to make your own glass for stained glass. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination. Have fun.

The first image is the original, but I reduced it's size. The second image is the Trillium, full sized using the Milk Glass effect.

Milk Glass Effect in PSP Trilli12

Milk Glass Effect in PSP Trilli13

Back to top Go down
http://members.fortunecity.com/theeaglefeather/
Tricia
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Tricia

PostSubject: Re: Milk Glass Effect in PSP   Milk Glass Effect in PSP EmptySun May 09, 2010 9:35 am

Looks great, will also look forward to how you do a stained glass effect as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.townrow.org.uk
Fagin
Administrator
Administrator
Fagin

PostSubject: Re: Milk Glass Effect in PSP   Milk Glass Effect in PSP EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Yet another great tip by the master! Milk Glass Effect in PSP Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
https://never2old.darkbb.com
Skye
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Milk Glass Effect in PSP   Milk Glass Effect in PSP EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:27 am

Thats just lovely Bob, it looks like an icing sugar creation.

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Milk Glass Effect in PSP   Milk Glass Effect in PSP Empty

Back to top Go down

Milk Glass Effect in PSP
Page 1 of 1