never2old
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Field of Battle

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eaglefeather
eaglefeather

Field of Battle Empty
PostSubject: Field of Battle   Field of Battle EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Approximately a month after the Sept 11, tradgedy, there was much talk of war. The US and Canadian governments were gearing up for conflict. Afgahnistan had not been mentioned at this point, but it was certain that soon a lot of young men and women would be heading off to a very uncertain future. Having spent my entire adult working life as a member of the Canadian Armed Forces I couldn't help but fear the worst. One evening after watching the TV news, and more war mongering, I sat down and wrote, Field of Battle.

Field of Battle Field_10

Cheers,
Eaglefeather

"Elders say, man who walk rough road end up with sore feet."
Back to top Go down
http://members.fortunecity.com/theeaglefeather/
Skye
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Skye

Field of Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field of Battle   Field of Battle EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 4:24 am

Every day that I watch the news, it seems as though another young soldier has lost his life.

How correct you are, there is no glory for these brave men. Yet how proud their families are of them.

You have captured the intensity of being in the battle field, combining it with grace and personal experience perfectly.

Skye
Back to top Go down
Fagin
Administrator
Administrator
Fagin

Field of Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field of Battle   Field of Battle EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 7:22 am

Now this one really means so much to me. It sums up the horror and futility of war. I have been here and done this, it brings back many memories (not all good unfortunately)

Thanks mate.

V
Back to top Go down
https://never2old.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

Field of Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field of Battle   Field of Battle Empty

Back to top Go down

Field of Battle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
never2old :: Main Forums :: Poetry Paradise-