never2old
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greylag Geese

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skye
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Skye

Greylag Geese Empty
PostSubject: Greylag Geese   Greylag Geese EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:47 am

We are very fortunate to have a large flock of greylag geese on our loch.

This morning the Mum and babies were out for a stroll, I caught them in the next croft through our window, otherwise I would never had got so close.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Skye x
Back to top Go down
Fagin
Administrator
Administrator
Fagin

Greylag Geese Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greylag Geese   Greylag Geese EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:18 pm

We are proud to say that we have the only flock of grey lag geese in the British Isles, and on our local loch!
Back to top Go down
https://never2old.darkbb.com
Tricia
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Tricia

Greylag Geese Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greylag Geese   Greylag Geese EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:00 am

Okay stop bragging. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Do have to say that last week coming home from town, I drove the car up the drive. David said to me stop and there sat on the side of the fence was a kestrel. Now bearing in mind we are a built up neighbourhood it does make me wonder why so close to us. Unless it is to do with the amount of wildlife it can pick up. We have far too many rats for my liking appearing. The large farm around the corner is now overgrown, the barns pulled down and the farmland is being churned up to turn in to a housing estate. Yuk. Plus we had a derilict house at the end of our road and that land was churned over and the house built back up, so that it turn moved out the rats and in to our lands. So perhaps its a good thing to have these birds arriving to help sort out the rat infestation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.townrow.org.uk
Sponsored content

Greylag Geese Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greylag Geese   Greylag Geese Empty

Back to top Go down

Greylag Geese
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
never2old :: Main Forums :: Hobby Corner :: Photography-
Jump to: