never2old
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eaglefeather's Adventures in the kitchen

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eaglefeather
eaglefeather

Eaglefeather's Adventures in the kitchen Empty
PostSubject: Eaglefeather's Adventures in the kitchen   Eaglefeather's Adventures in the kitchen EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:05 pm

As I mentioned in the Graphics forum, I have a couple of photos that were taken while my side kick, Elfio and I prepare meals. This photo was taken on Apr 10th at Corpus Christi church, not our regular church. We were preparing a chicken dinner for a banquet for the Knights of Columbus. We were both unfamiliar with this kitchen and ran into all kinds of problems, the biggest being that one of the stoves was not working properly and we didn't find out until halfway through the cooking process. We had to do some mad scrambling to get the chicken out of that oven and into one that was working.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's me on the left, helper Les and my side kick Elfio on the right.
Back to top Go down
http://members.fortunecity.com/theeaglefeather/
Skye
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Eaglefeather's Adventures in the kitchen   Eaglefeather's Adventures in the kitchen EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi Bob,

So nice to see you in action, is that some sort of coated chicken I see on the baking trays?
Back to top Go down
eaglefeather
eaglefeather

PostSubject: Re: Eaglefeather's Adventures in the kitchen   Eaglefeather's Adventures in the kitchen EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Yes! One hundred pieces in all. It took quite a while to get it all done as I had to debone the chicken breasts. It was cheaper to buy them with bone in than deboned. The Knights love me, not only because I can cook, but also because I am a very astute shoper. This was a major banquet for 100 people, with all the trimmings, and I brought it in for only $412. Cdn.

Normally for a dinner of this size I would have done roast beef, but I had a whole bunch of requests to serve chicken breast with my own very special secret coating. Not really all that secret, as I am always willing to share the recipe with anyone that asks.

That kitchen has four stoves, but they are all your normal household type electrics, and all four were needed to cook the chicken. The one on the right, with the pot on top, is the one that had the faulty oven.

The kitchen in my church, the one I am familiar with, we only have two stoves, one similar to the ones in the photo and the other is a huge commercial gas stove and I could have cooked all of that chicken plus another 200 in the one oven.

When the Recipe Forum is up and running I will post the recipe for the coating there.

Cheers,
Eaglefeather

"Elders say, man who walk rough road end up with sore feet."
Back to top Go down
http://members.fortunecity.com/theeaglefeather/
Skye
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Eaglefeather's Adventures in the kitchen   Eaglefeather's Adventures in the kitchen EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:12 am

You are astute, but I wouldn't fancy de- boning 100 pieces of chicken.

I am covering for Fagin at the moment, he is not too well.

He or Tricia if she is about will get the forum category for recipe's up asap.

Skye x
Back to top Go down
Tricia
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Tricia

PostSubject: Re: Eaglefeather's Adventures in the kitchen   Eaglefeather's Adventures in the kitchen EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:36 am

My late mother used to cook for the Cheltenham Ladies College many years ago, then left there and went to work at a place called Shaftesbury Hall. That was part of the old St Pauls College, which many years later linked with St Marys College and became the Gloucestershire University. She taught me a lot about cooking and I have done catering for various functions for the local branch of the Legion.
Am looking forward to seeing receipes, and will sort out a board as soon as I can.

Tricia
Back to top Go down
http://www.townrow.org.uk
Skye
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Eaglefeather's Adventures in the kitchen   Eaglefeather's Adventures in the kitchen EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:09 am

Thanks Tricia, its lovely to share recipe's I have my late grandad's old cook book, it still has writing in it where he adapted recipe's to suit.

Its just a category adding for recipes we need in the hobby section Smile

Skye
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eaglefeather's Adventures in the kitchen   Eaglefeather's Adventures in the kitchen Empty

Back to top Go down

Eaglefeather's Adventures in the kitchen
Page 1 of 1