never2old
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Graphic Challenge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
eaglefeather
eaglefeather

Graphic Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Graphic Challenge   Graphic Challenge EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:32 am

Hi all,

As promised here is a challenge to keep you occupied until the Stained Glass tutorial is posted.

Below is a the link to a photo of the 1800's vintage Steamship, HMCS Seguin, that still operates a regular schedule on Lake Muskoka, from Gravenhurst, Ontario, Canada.

This challenge will test your ability to remove things from one image and place them in another, but it is more than a cut and paste exercise. You must make it look natural and that is a lot easier said than done. This exercise will require you to make some minor modifications to the original/background photo and that is all the hints I am going to give.

The Challenge: Using one or more other photos, remove some of the people and place them on the deck(s) of the Seguin. To succeed, your finished image will have two or more people that are not in the original, on the deck(s) so that only a professional photo detective will be able to tell what you have done.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f69/15/09/83/71/seguin12.jpg

I have done this already but will not post my work until I have seen some of yours.

Have fun,
Eaglefeather.

"Elders say, man who walk rough road end up with sore feet."
Back to top Go down
http://members.fortunecity.com/theeaglefeather/
eaglefeather
eaglefeather

Graphic Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Challenge   Graphic Challenge EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 3:22 pm

I got to feeling guilty for not showing you my effort on the challenge. I don't suppose it is correct to issue a challenge without giving a view of what you have been challenged to meet or beat. So I will correct that little slip of the old guys protocal.

Graphic Challenge 00710

Cheers,

Eaglefeather

Back to top Go down
Skye
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Skye

Graphic Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Challenge   Graphic Challenge EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Gawd Bob!

I may need a few helpful hints such as what tools to use! I am very rusty.

Are you saying that I use one of my own photo's with people in, and put them on the ship?

I am not sure that I have that right.

Skye
Back to top Go down
eaglefeather
eaglefeather

Graphic Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Challenge   Graphic Challenge EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:16 pm

Oooooooh boy I got'cha Sky. Graphic Challenge Icon_bounce

Yup! Yer has gotta' use yer own photos, wif peoples and puts dem on de little boat. Graphic Challenge Icon_biggrin

Now if you were here, it would be a very simple matter. All you would have to do is get them to walk the plank, (onto the ship of course not off), go up to the deck and then just take a photo. Now besides the fact it would be cheating, there is also the little problem that the Seguin has not started it's schedule for 2010 yet and is still all sealed up in winter storage.

Being a big hearted and a chump for any sob story that comes my way, here is a little teeney-weeny hint. You have to use the Freehand Tool set to point to point, with antialize on, Feather set to 0.

Ok ok, your breaking my heart, I hear you sobbing that it is not enough. So in addition you must also use Resize.

Now that is all the hints you are going to get........at least for now. Graphic Challenge Icon_cool

And remember, you cannot just plunk your people down on the deck and call it finished. They must totally blend in so that it looks like they are actually passengers on the Seguin. And that the Seguin photo will require a very small modification to make that possible. There I go giving away more hints.

Have fun!

Eaglefeather

Back to top Go down
Skye
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Skye

Graphic Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Challenge   Graphic Challenge EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:08 am

Oh Man!

Can I have a year to do it? I will find a way through pure tenacity. Even if Fagin has to take a picture of me with my zimmer holding onto the computer to upload the result Smile

Fun! I will be totally grey by the time I have done this!!
Back to top Go down
eaglefeather
eaglefeather

Graphic Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Challenge   Graphic Challenge EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 7:33 pm

I don't suppose that you recognized that gorgeous lady in the centre! That's Maureen. The gentleman and lady on either side are friends of ours from Liberty, NY, USA. Would you believe the photo of the three of them was actually taken in downtown Liberty, just outside the Liberty Diner, (a fantastic place to chow down, I might add,) and about 500 miles south of the home of the Sequin, on Lake Muskoka.

Back to top Go down
Skye
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Skye

Graphic Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Challenge   Graphic Challenge EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:33 am

I thought I recognised the gorgeous lady! but was not too sure.

Me thinks I am going to use those bodies and add new faces to do this challenge Smile

I wonder Smile Smile

Skye x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Graphic Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Challenge   Graphic Challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

Graphic Challenge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
never2old :: Main Forums :: Graphics Spirit-
Jump to: