never2old
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spaghetti egg dish

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tricia
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Tricia

Spaghetti egg dish Empty
PostSubject: Spaghetti egg dish   Spaghetti egg dish EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:05 am

This dish is one I came across 41 years ago and have been cooking it myself ever since. Even my children continue to cook it for themselves.

Ingredients - 1 x tin of tomato spaghetti, cheese sauce, 6 boiled eggs and if you want then add some garden peas, (doesn't work with any other vegetable) mashed potato.

Open tin of spaghetti and place into pyrex dish, (if adding peas then place on top) cut boiled eggs in half and place then place them on top, make a thick cheese sauce (cheese really needs to be of a mature nature to give a good taste). Cover the spaghetti and eggs with the cheese sauce (I like to make sure there is plenty of cheese sauce to give a good couple of inches thickness).

Place in the oven - I have a gas oven so use gas mark 4 - cook for at least 40 minutes or at least when you see the cheese sauce nicely browned and can see the spaghetti bubbling.

Serve then with mashed potato.

I have no idea where my ex mother in law came across this recipe but she had been cooking it for several years before I met her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.townrow.org.uk

Spaghetti egg dish
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
never2old :: Main Forums :: Hobby Corner :: Recipes-
Jump to: