never2old
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crispy Chicken Coating

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
eaglefeather
eaglefeather

Crispy Chicken Coating Empty
PostSubject: Crispy Chicken Coating   Crispy Chicken Coating EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 9:58 pm

The Eaglefeather gets to post the first recipe. As promised once the Recipe forum was up and running I would post the recipe for the chicken coating that I use. This same coating may be used for pork chops or fish, however for the sake of simplicity I will only mention chicken in the recipe below.

The amounts required will depend on how much chicken you wish to coat.

I usually make up a big batch and always have it on hand, the amounts I give below are for a large batch, you can add or subtract amounts depending on how much you want to make. Please note that I rarely use salt in anything. So if you are a salt user, and hopefully you are not, add salt to the recipe to suit your tastes.

Ingredients

1 box, 575g (20oz) package of Corn Flake Crumbs.
¼ cup Basil fresh chopped or dried flakes.
¼ cup Parsely fresh chopped or dried flakes.
1 tblsp granulated garlic.

Method

Place all the ingredients in a large bag and shake the dickens out of it to make sure all the ingredients mix together.

To coat chicken I do the following:

In one small bag I place flour.

In a second bag I place as much of the coating mix as I will need for the number of pieces/breasts/legs of chicken I want to coat.

Beat one or two eggs in a dish wide enough for your chicken pieces to fit into for bathing.

Wash your chicken pieces in cold water and dry with paper towel. Place the chicken 1 piece at a time into the bag with the flour and shake to coat thoroughly.

Remove chicken from the bag and place in the beaten egg, bathe thoroughly.

Place the flour/egg coated chicken into the bag with your Corn Flake crumb mixture and shake to coat.

Place the coated chicken onto or into the pan or baking tray that you will cook them on/in. (Can be fried or baked.)

Do that for each piece of chicken.

Once all are coated either fry them in a small amount of Virgin Olive oil, or place them in a 350 degree oven and bake for approximately 20 min.

When done your chicken will have a great tasting, crispy outside and tender juicy inside.

I have found that I often have egg and crumb mixture left over. Of course the crumb mixture cannot go back into the bag you store the crumbs in and some folks would just throw the left overs away. I on the other hand mix the left over egg and crumbs together to make a very thick paste. I then drop a blob of this paste, about a heaping tablespoon worth, into a frying pan with a small amount of Virgin Olive Oil and fry until fully cooked. These little pancake type things are really delicious.

Variation:

For a more Italian taste, add a small amount of grated Parmesan cheese, Oregano and/or thyme to the bag of crumbs that will be used to coat your chicken/pork chop/fish. You will be surprised at how good this is.(CAUTION: Don't add these ingredients to the big stored batch, especially the cheese.)

Ok, that's it. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
http://members.fortunecity.com/theeaglefeather/
Skye
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Skye

Crispy Chicken Coating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crispy Chicken Coating   Crispy Chicken Coating EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:07 am

This one sounds nice Bob, and quite simple too.

Thank you Smile

Skye x
Back to top Go down

Crispy Chicken Coating
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
never2old :: Main Forums :: Hobby Corner :: Recipes-
Jump to: